10 Anniversary Dance Songs to Get Older Guests Out of Their Seats
Guests at your wedding will grow bored very quickly if they feel like they are not being entertained. It’s likely your guest list will contain people of all ages, from your college buddies to your great-grandma, and you might even have some small children there. The younger folks won’t have a problem getting down, but the older generations might take pause with your music selection.
A great way to get the older guests up and on the dancefloor is to choose a timeless song for song couple dancing. Songs that are a few decades old are likely to be recognized by older people, and soon they’ll be itching to get their feet shuffling.
Below are several ideas if you are lost and unsure of where to begin with jams for the older folks attending your big day.
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis – Everyone, young and old, knows this song. It’s the perfect choice to get couples of any age to get up and dance.
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton – The perfect song to slow dance with your boo to.
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston – If the slow dancing songs aren’t really your style, you can’t go wrong with an upbeat Houston jam.
- (I’ve Had) the Time of My Life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes – This song is good for more than just cruise ship commercials. Your guests will have a hard time not singing along to this classic.
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith – a message that’s very reflective of your wedding night!
- Coming Home – Leon Bridges – Bridges might be more of a modern artist, but his songs are timeless and romantic.
- Faithfully – Journey – Anyone that grew up listening to Journey will be on the dance floor before you can say “Don’t Stop Believing.”
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac – This soulful and delicate song performed by Stevie Nicks is the perfect song to sway to with your partner.
- Forever and For Always – Shania Twain – This is a perfect song for the country lover or a countryside/barn themed wedding.
- This Magic Moment – Jay and the Americans – Get lost in your partner’s eyes as this soulful and classic tune plays throughout the dancefloor.