Your ceremony will be the very first event your guests will experience at your wedding, so choosing the right person to officiate your big day is one of the most important decisions you need to make to ensure that it will be done efficiently and flawlessly.
An experienced officiant with their expertise sets the tone for the entire ceremony and works hard to craft a unique ceremony to remember forever—after all, they’re the ones who communicate and collaborate with all the vendors involved in the ceremony to make sure things run smoothly without a hitch!
We thought it would be a great idea to share a wedding officiant who also helps make that once-in-a-lifetime moment even more special.
Lisa Sievers is one of my favorite renowned wedding officiants to work with. She always does a fantastic job at personalizing each ceremony while performing it diligently and naturally, as if it truly was a best friend standing up there with you.
We interviewed her to find out more about the wedding officiants!
• What common mistakes do you see couples making? A lot of couples wait till the last minute to book their officiant. Unfortunately, that can cause a lot of last-minute stress. Six to seven months early is a good frame of reference.
• What’s the best tip you have for a couple planning a wedding? Stay in your budget and keep your guest list limited to those closest to you!
There is nothing wrong with including family members in your planning but make sure you are selecting what you want, not what someone else expects.
• What don’t couples know about your business that they need to know? I do not do cookie-cutter weddings. I meet with the couple, get a feel for them, and what they are looking for, and craft the perfect ceremony just for them. None of my weddings are alike! That’s what makes them extra special.
• What’s the most unusual wedding you ever did? I’ve never done anything too crazy. Wine box ceremonies and handfastings have been popular. They are an occasional tree planting ceremony with family members and/or children. But one of my older couples (in their 50s) loved whiskey, and they crafted a whiskey cocktail during the ceremony. After they stirred and poured, I toasted them with a beautiful blessing. It fit their personalities perfectly.
• What was the most memorable wedding you ever worked on, and why? I think the weddings that are most memorable are those where the couple is up for anything that happens. Many times, little things show up – the ring bearer throws sand, the bride loses her veil three times, bees are swarming the groom, the wind won’t let up and knocks things over. We roll with it, make a joke, and keep on moving. I’ve even had a dog stop and “eliminate” on the way down the aisle with the bride. It was an ice breaker for sure.
I also love it when the couple writes personal vows to each other. It makes for a few tears and some beautiful moments that neither might have been expecting!
The Bottom Line:
Hiring a professional officiant for your wedding day who best suits your personality means you will have an expert who knows how to talk to a crowd of guests and has the experience to ensure the event will go smoothly the way you would like to have.
Wedding Officiant Lisa Sievers has been in the wedding industry in St. Louis and St. Charles counties for many years. Lisa brings a modern and fresh approach to the overall process of working with couples and officiating wedding ceremonies.
Her inspiration comes from delivering and crafting beautiful ceremonies for her couples and a flowing environment that leaves excited not only the brides & grooms but also the guests—creating a truly unique and memorable ceremony experience.
If you are looking for the best wedding officiant for your special day? You can connect with Lisa Sievers on her website: